FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT!
You know the feeling, pulling up in front of a house and you are already imagining what the inside looks like, because of what you see in the driveway, the entrance area, the garden, and the general appearance of the outside of the house.
Before you put your house on the market, there are a few things you can do, fix, change, update and tidy up to make your house more inviting and welcoming from the minute the buyers arrive. That first impression will stay with them whilst touring the inside of your home and probably will be the first memory of your home after viewing several on that day. You want your house to stand out, make a statement and be memorable!
- Power wash house.
- Clean all debris, leaves, and moss from the roof and gutters.
- Trim overgrown bushes, trees, and plants so the house can be seen and is visible from the road.
- Re-paint/varnish/clean the front door.
- Place colorful plants outside the front door.
- Mow the lawn, place new mulch, and rake, and weed flower beds.
- Repair/repaint or replace the mailbox and have numbers clearly visible.
- Repair the fence if broken or missing links.
- Move all children’s toys and gardening tools/equipment to the backyard and keep them in one section.
- Reduce clutter on deck/porch/patio so they look bigger.
DO IT- IT’S WORTH IT!
THE “SOLD” SIGN WILL BE UP BEFORE YOU KNOW IT……